Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

hemingway's and roxbury

we went out in hollywood last night, where the women are such towering makeup'ed glamazons that they seem to be a new breed of human or drag queen. see-through shirts and visible bras are in.
we did everything in excess and by one am were telling one another just how much we loved each other and why. at two there was widespread panic and hysteria because everyone was fighting for taxis in mild rain. by three (my twentieth hour of wakefulness) we were at an after-party in an unfamiliar hollywood apartment. probably by three-thirty i was asleep on the bachelor pad leather couch with my face smushed into a pillow while everyone kept partying, whatever that means. by five we were back in studio city at john's, outside trying to catch the cats, mary and jane, who'd gotten loose when the door hadn't been closed. after they were captured i cozied on the brown couch under a brown blanket while катя fed me focaccia with goat cheese and john  made me (heated me) a small pepperoni pizza. john's cousin natalia sat on the floor and ranted about her hatred of goat cheese and childhood summer camp bicycling trips to a goat cheese farm. by five-thirty in the morning i was dead to the world and i dreamt that all of my lower teeth were horrifying, broken and jagged white coral. when i closed my mouth all the corals would fold backwards into my mouthspace. in the later morning i woke up and it was raining. hard. 

No comments: