Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

rough life

here i am, in manhattan. my computer is in a shop in midtown because it's lost its damn mind. no computer then makes house hunt difficult. (i'm currently borrowing piggy's netbook.) i've been looking at dingy little hovels for days, made one offer and was rejected, and tonight finally landed a temporary shelter near cobble hill for three weeks, after which i may find moving into a women's dorm to be my best option. as for my reception from the new yorkers, so far a man in a bar has told me that i look entitled and disinterested, and a man on the street in times square today told me that if i exercised i would be gorgeous. our friend dw says that these men are practicing  the technique of using "negs." back at home, ma says my dog is sick. i love you missy get well soon   

No comments: