Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

i'm missing bingo night

today i fell off my bike. bike is in the shop and i am in the bed.

my bike chain came off. whether this is the cause of my fall or a result of my fall, i'm not entirely sure. i'll probably tell people the former but the truth is probably the latter because i am retarded.

i was biking across the street when all of a sudden i was no longer on my bike but on the ground.

as i walked my broken bike home with my broken body, i thought of some positive notes.

i didn't get hit by a car and consequently didn't die.
i didn't break any bones.
i didn't embarass myself in front of the entire exchange student body, only my ever-compassionate bathroommate, pia.
i fell to my right while wearing my purse on my left, hopefully sparing my digital camera (let harm fall on me before my cam.)
umm...i didn't die.

bike is undergoing some work at the shop and will be picked up at 6 pm. apparently he has a space in his gears (result of old age) which may be the cause of the chain falling, so putting the chain back is no guarantee from future incident. im paying 85 kroner for this repair, but i'm not sure if i'll have the guts to ride the contraption again.

in the meanwhile, i'm in need of some work as well. my left hamstring and side-of-calf are pretty beat up. the worst is my right knee, which took the brunt of the fall. it's swollen into two bloodylumps. naturally, all serious injuries of this sort have to take place on my loose, pure bone kneecap. i wish i had some ice for it. i'm glad i didn't look at it until i got home. it's one of those things where it feels okay until you look at it and kind of gross yourself out and start to feel panicky and weepy for no good reason. i think i will be bedridden for at least the night, with a hobble break to pick up devilbike.

No comments: