Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

attempted grand theft bicycle

Someone tried to steal my vehicle last night. 

S/he/the immoral fool decided to get on a locked bike and try riding it away, effectively tangling the coil lock in the gear. (oh how I truly miss my u-lock)
I was able to get the lock out of the gear this morning (my hands have been coated in tar/grease all morning), but I think having the coil lock jammed in the gear messed it up somehow. The chain dropped when I tried riding the bike. I called Andrea, a boy from Venice, and he put the chain back on for me (aka I'm useless), but it fell almost immediately when I tried riding it again. 

So once again, bike is in the shop. I hold my bikes in high regard and take it personally when they are unwell, so I'm pretty bummed out. 

"In Italy, a cheap bike would be like 300 kroner. Even cheaper if you get it from thieves." - Andrea 

No comments: