Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

redolent

i feel apprehensive about my last day of work./.
. i feel like some of my most distinct memories are of smells. the smell of laundry being endlessly laundered in paradise. the smell of new wood from timeshares expeditiously constructed. cigarette smoke wandering in from the smoking section and mingling with the lunch smell. chlorine on wet towels, mildew and sunblock. the smell of garbage and rot, the most sour and foul garbage you'd ever smelled. in the beginning it made you gag and choke on your own bile, but over the years you stopped holding your breath as you walked by.
my favorite memory is the smell of cold when i climbed into my car in k-lot at some dark and ungodly hour after exhausting amounts of work and play. the fused smell of cold and mist and leather in the new car i had just received for graduation from my loving parents.

No comments: