Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

brave little toaster

Right after New Orleans, Bagel visited New York for the first time. As you can see, he's very patient with my practicing my portraiture on him. I've been getting many good reactions to my pictures so I've been feeling more confident / inspired to click around. We went all around New York City and ate delicious things and had artisanal coffee hour every day. We consumed Thai noodles and stir fry, Venezuelan arepas, amazing Tibetan curry and salad, pizza, ice cream sandwiches, prepackaged bread, Japanese ramen, Cuban yucca and mojitos, bodega pastrami sandwiches, et al. When we ate together I could no longer remember what city I was in - Los Angeles or New York City or on vacation in another place entirely? It was impossible to tell. I started worrying about the things I'd forgotten to pack. We affirmed the traits that we like about each other and talked about things we'd like to learn to do in life. We slept in late. We went to Sleep No More, we 3-D printed a dinosaur egg, we played chess (twice), we made banana bread, we went shopping, we saw Lexa (twice), we walked around a rooftop on Wall Street and sat in an old bank vault. We hid in my room and watched an Animal Planet special on military dogs in Afghanistan. woof. The to-do list was not completed because there are too many things to-do in New York, so they will have to wait for the future: music at Jalopy, key lime pie in Red Hook, Russian food in Brighton Beach, Balthazar, Central Park, Pok Pok.











No comments: