Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

sad news

Val,
 
When I wanted to feed Missy in the morning and found her passed away.  Sorry to tell you the sad news.  Mom and I felt very sad and the tears came out from the corners of our eyes.
 
She acted strangely lately.  I wanted to take her for a walk but she refused to go, so I gave up on that.  She used to walk in a loop or circle by herself but lately she circled at the same spot.  She lost the control of her discharge.  Her digest system started deteriorating and had diarrhea for a couple of days with the same dog food she ate everyday.   In a way, this may be a relief for her at this old age with deteriorating physical condition, can’t see well, can’t smell well, can’t hear well and with weak muscles...
 
Before I moved her body, I chanted Rebirth Sutra for her and prayed for her to be reborn as a better being than being a dog again.  Since she was so gentle during her dog life, she should be rewarded to become a better being in her next life.  Then I took her to Long Beach Animal Shelter to be cremated.
 
I know you would be very very sad and felt terrible, but this is better for her to end the suffering that she was bearing.  At this moment, I felt my eyes wet again not only for her but also thinking I am approaching the same route that she had journeyed... 
 
We all missed Missy and prayed for her for a better future life.
 
Dad

1 comment:

Mia said...

Sorry to hear :( What a beautiful letter from your father.