Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

sunglasses head rebel

'Valerie, the [company] Look does not allow us to wear sunglasses on our heads.'

Today I went through my eight-hour [company] orientation for the third time, the first two times being in 2006 and 2008. I was grumpy and fidgety through all the videos and safety/behavior talks and couldn't stop whirling to the left and right in my chair and repeatedly hitting the people seated on either side of me. The worst was when we were dragged out for a stroll around the theme park dressed in business formal wear during the heat's most stunning peak of the day. I couldn't imagine anyone having fun in such horrendous weather conditions. In the late afternoon when I was on my way to meet khenkel at the Waldorf I drove through a tropical rainstorm for the first time. It was like trying to drive through a hail of bullets. Our backcountry roads were filled with deep water and at times I thought I would cry because I felt so intimidated. The skies poured blurry water so hard that I couldn't read any of the signs and ended up far far off my intended path. When I finally made it, I had a delicious ham/cheese wafflewich at the Waldorf lounge with khenkel and later ended up watching Bridesmaids in his hotel room while he was out to dinner, which I think was good because the movie really rang true with feeling a little bit like a quarter-life fuck-up. Afterwards I really didn't want to go home so I went to the Wilderness Lodge for the first time around 10:30pm and walked around by myself.

No comments: