Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

shoe shopping

The way Frances sits in the passenger seat of my car, with her bare feet perched on my dashboard, playing Candy Crush on her cell phone and ignoring me as I navigate our way through unforgiving rush hour traffic on the 405, makes me feel strange, like I've entered a reality warp and I'm Mom.

Some moments from our shoe shopping trip at Macy's on Tuesday:

picking up a display shoe with a woven texture:
Ma: THESE SHOES LOOK LIKE A DIAPER BAG.

at the cash register - the credit card terminal shows a screen asking for your e-mail address:
Ma: WHAT IS THIS?!
Salesguy: If you put in your e-mail address, we'll send you updates on your order.
Ma: WHAT! JESUS CHRIST.

on the drive home:
Ma: What are you doing for this job anyways?!
Me: uhh.. rapid prototyping.
Ma: 兔子?!?!!? (RABBITS?!?!!?)

Ma: Do you know if your roommate will be a boy or a girl?
Me: It'll definitely be a girl.
Ma: Well that's no fun.

No comments: