Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2015

sleepinghead

Another close call - this morning I was supposed to be at work at 7am so we could take a van out to the cruise ship in Port Canaveral to see some recently completed projects and to take measurements for documentation. However, I was a dummy and forgot to even set an alarm and woke up in my bed, in downtown, at 6:40am. I woke up in complete shock and horror and ran out the door like my hair was on fire and luckily my manager held the van for me as I ended up being 15 minutes late.

Spent a really nice day in perfect weather on the ship and now have a lot of productive work hours to make up this weekend. After work I met up with my old mentor and his wife, who are back in town for a Halloween vacation. We went to the campfire singalong at Fort Wilderness and watched the annual outdoor screening of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and roasted oversized marshmallows over the fire pit. After that I gorged myself on food at their cabin and we went out at midnight to see all of the campsites decorated for Halloween. The families at Ft. Wilderness create an incredible Halloween spectacle every year, with inflatables and ghouls and projections and pumpkins and lights strewn everywhere.

It's almost 3am, the witching hour, when drunk idiots haunt the streets and hallways of my former hotel.

No comments: