Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

washington square park

today i hung out between classes with a delinquent piggy, who was skipping her second class of the day. we sat in washington square park and observed a squirrel that had the bowlegged swagger of a man and then we played with a so soft and so furry goldendoodle named murray. afterwards, we ate some very decadent macaroons in a very small bakery that smelled overwhelmingly of butter.

then i went to a class where the modus operandi is basically for everyone to out-weird each other. last week i brought in a puzzle of a life-sized, but rainbow, giraffe. today a girl took her top off and another slapped herself until she cried.
after class i'm pretty sure i walked through a tornado to see the twelfth apartment so far in my housing search. i know i said i would never live in bushwick, but i liked this place. also, i'm getting desperate because i'm getting kicked out of carroll gardens in three-and-a-half days. it was storming so hard that i couldn't see ahead of me and my shoes were boats filled with water and my pants were soaked from mid-thigh down. i used my flimsy umbrella to keep my laptop dry and to hell with all else. i kind of enjoyed it. i walked into the apartment dripping water and they gave me a towel.

No comments: