Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

cat power interview


Unfortunately, it breaks my heart that I can't keep my word. I am human and I make mistakes. And after a show, I know that the four girls who drove all the way from fuckin' 700 miles away and are crying on stage are like, "Please, we just want to meet you." But what they don't understand is that I haven't slept in four days, and I haven't eaten and I've beeen trying to do this and I've been trying to do that. And it's hard to walk away from those four girls, and ignore them or to just smile at them, like, "Oof, let me just do this and let it be enough." And it's not. So I make mistakes all the time and I know that I'm making them --
You really feel guilty about that?
Are you crazy?
It would be nice if they could meet you, but they got to see a show. [Meeting them is] not an obligation of yours.
That's what my friends say. My friends always say, "Chan, you gave them a show." But you know how in life you have, like, Frida Kahlo paintings? And imagine, like, with a time machine -- "Here's a time machine, $100,000." So you save up your money, save up your money, and you buy a ticket for the time machine. "Where do you want to go?" I want to go to 1938. I want to go to Mexico City. I want to go to Frida Kahlo's house. And there you are in front of Frida Kahlo's house and you're waiting and you're waiting and you're waiting, and you only have like three hours, and then you finally get your chance. There she is! She comes out to get her mail. There she is: Frida! And she just looks at you and bunches her eyebrows together and she slams the door and you hear the door lock.

No comments: