Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

keepies

Now that the Christmas and New Year's holidays are over, I've been trying to catch up with all of my home friends. I'm happy that I've kept the best people I could find from every experience I've had.

1/4 : Downtown Disney with my best friends from high school, Lc, Lmo, Kat. We had dinner at Rainforest Cafe because I insisted on it, and the food was terrible. We had drinks at Trader Sam's and Lmo had a gigantic spear of rosemary in her Mele kaliki-mocha.


 1/5: Breakfast pancakes with Rhi, the only lifeguard that I still keep in touch with. We went on a road trip to Solvang and Hearst Castle together a few years ago. These are her first chocolate chip pancakes ever and they look very epic. I had buttermilk pancakes and eggs benedict.

 1/5: Khenkel (circa college, freshman year) texted to say that he had a big surprise for me. I assumed he was going to tell me he had gotten engaged, so I brought over a bottle of Moscato. It turned out that the surprise was that he had gotten the guinea pig painting I made professionally framed and had put it up in his living room, and was not engaged. So we drank the bottle of Moscato ourselves and went dancing at Rasputin in WeHo (my first time there - finally).  


1/6: KBBQ with old housemates Miss Tomb, her man, and The Eternal Bachelor in K-town. LOTS of Hite and brisket were had. Miss Thum informs me that donating stem cells would be very painful.

1/8: Delicious Thai food in West LA with my favorite people, Evy and Lili, from my talent agency job. Apparently, working conditions there have not improved.

1/9: Sushi and shabu shabu with steph and cathy, my Expo friends and soon-to-be New Orleans trip friends, at Lotus, a strange sushi/shabu shabu/hookah place, near USC. The first of my birthday celebrations :) I had a Forrest Gump roll. Reason for the name undetermined. 

And lots and lots of time with my mama, of course.

2 comments:

yuliya said...

THE QUAKENBUSH looks surprisingly sophisticated!

everyman said...

the brothers aaron know what they're doing!