Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

Iaapa

IAAPA is the convention where anyone who makes anything for theme parks or entertainment locations comes to sell their wares, from snacks to roller coasters to water fountains to arcade games. Cotton and I went to the convention center this afternoon and walked around for 4 hours. We saw prize manufacturers and map artists and fur wholesalers and selfie booths and ropes courses. I picked a good expo partner because we were both shameless junk food eaters and stuffed ourselves with pizza, icees, multiple servings of dippin' dots, mini donuts, churros, cookies, french fries, hot dogs with tropical fruit sauces, cheesecake in a cone, cheddar popcorn, caramel popcorn, and I'm sure there was more. There were two haunted houses and I really wanted to go in them but at 26 I'm still too scared. I was about to walk into one but then I could see behind the curtained entrance a shadowed figure sitting at a table and my knees got weak and my entire constitution buckled.

No comments: