Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

The great gilly hopkins

A million things happened today. 

I visited Creative Costuming and saw where new costume ideas are fabricated in a big room full of partially-dressed mannequins in big froofy dresses and bows. I saw a Form 1 printer, a kind of stereolithographic 3d printer, for the first time. It was in hard at work on a desktop shooting a laser into a pool of liquid resin. A tiara-like headpiece was slowly rising out of the resin like a beautiful swamp thing's crown. 

After work I played haunted house-themed mini golf at Citiwalk with some very notable men in the show control business - they're all in town for IAAPA's (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions) yearly expo, which I'm going to tomorrow. 

My mentor announced that he's moving to California and the entire office became quiet as we suddenly became aware of how lost we will be without him. In only a few months I've come to look up to him very much and it was the saddest news in the world.

Oh and according to Facebook my cousin just got engaged.

No comments: