Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

tornado evac

After much dedication and walking, as of yesterday i have completed all 45 of the shows and attractions in magic kingdom and have 6 things left to do in the rest of the parks. i was going to go to the indiana jones stunt show to finish hollywood studios today but cotton and i were foiled by the all-day rain. In fact, today was my first tornado evacuation. in the morning we all had to leave the office and go downstairs and sit in the auditorium on the first floor until we were deemed safe to go back upstairs. i kind of wanted something dramatic to happen but it never did.

right now it's raining so hard it sounds like fake rain and it's a little disconcerting. it sounds like when the storm hits at the end of the enchanted tiki room show. i'm in my co-intern yzma's home because she is taking me to the airport in the morning so i can catch my 6:30am flight out to la for thanksgiving yay yay. tonight i had dinner with her family; her ma is a physics professor at a big college here and her pa is a funny man who watches frozen almost every night and knows all of the words. their family is iraqi and we ate a really beautiful mound of vegetables (grape leaves, cabbages, onions) stuffed with rice. maybe this says something about florida but i feel very comfortable in their home because it somehow feels very immigrant. Best of all, tonight, and for the next four nights, I won't be sharing a room with anybody! It's going to be so wonderful.

Also, my cousin called my this evening and asked me to be one of her bridesmaids in Texas next august. I really looked up to her when I was younger but we haven't spent much time together as grown ups so I am very honored to have been selected and despite having felt a lot of bitterness recently about the swarm of engagements and weddings kind of can't wait take this role. 

No comments: