Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

new york again

I went to New York; I visited my apartment and it made my heart ache to see it and smell it again and know that I haven't lived there for a long time. I met my subletter, who has somehow rearranged my belongings to make my room look cuter than I ever did. The weather was so cold, 37 degrees at night, and looking for my coats (which I never found and will absolutely have to find in December) I realized that I own so many things. How did I get so many things? I can't believe I have lived in New York for two years and that I came by so many objects that became my possessions, which I now have to take care of and be guardian to in addition to all my other things who live in California and Florida. I pulled sweater after sweater over my head, about five layers and then one of Weaver's scarves as a woolly cherry on top. On Friday I met a former Florida intern for lunch and then commenced drinking from 3pm to 3am, which started with office hours with Rios, then a romantic Bushwick pizza dinner with Rothy, gross cocktails at the Johnson's, and then dancing until I was falling asleep like a horse standing on the Tandem dance floor. I was all brunch and hang over Saturday until I went out again that night. 

No comments: