Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

kindness of strangers

i think i just met my guardian angel. he is a chinese man named jimmy.

my luggage in sum was definitely more than the mass of my body and i was the dumb girl with too many things and handicapped on top of it. he helped me get it through the turnstiles, onto the maglev, off of the maglev, into the airport and to check-in. after we'd already said our goodbyes, i standing in line looking at his business card when i looked up and he'd reappeared. he asked very pointedly whether i had money - in cash - to pay for my luggage if it was overweight. i shook my head stupidly, since i had about twenty dollars to my name. he hung around to make sure i checked-in successfully and helped me re-pack my bags when one was overweight and the other was under. when we got through security he said, god bless, and walked away.

No comments: